Amazing news! Central Plains’ “25 x ’25” multiplication vision is bearing much fruit! Since we began living into this vision, our Classis has grown from 13 churches to 31 ministries!!! Yes—that is correct—31 ministries!!! The Lord is blessing our efforts BIG TIME!! To learn more, please watch this video.
Praise God for the addition of three new churches to the Central Plains Classis… Charismah Church located in Katy,Texas and led by Christian Sebastia
Christ the Redeemer Church located in Houston,Texas and led by Prince Cousinard Iglesia Reformada Impacto located in Pittsburg,Texas and led by Julia Serrano
O God, continue to bless and to guide these churches, their leaders and their ministries!
Praise God for the blessings of an RCA Capacity Grant and RCA Block Grant approval. Thank you, God, for affirmation of the multiplication vision and for additional financial provision!
Thank you, God, for Your work in and among our Central Plains churches…
F Street Church in Lincoln, Nebraska and their ministry through the Transformations Thrift Store and the Lincoln School of Ministry.
Holland Reformed Church and the Vitality Pathway process.
Living Life Reformed Church in Firth, Nebraska hosting the Global Leadership Summit. Our Lord’s Community Church in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and the expansion of their small group discipleship ministry through Activate.
The integration of Organic Outreach into the Central Plains Classis ministries.
Continue to pray for blessings upon our community need-based ministries…
Life House in Omaha, Nebraska, serving the community by distributing diapers to families in need.
Atlas Ministry in Lincoln, Nebraska, as they minister to the hurting through mentoring relationships.
New Revelations in Denton, Texas, nurturing Christian leadership ideals within college age students.
O Lord, continue to raise up gifted leaders, new ministries, new church plants, planting churches and partnering churches. Lead Central Plains to provide a clear pathway for all who desire to become Commissioned Pastors or Ordained Leaders in the RCA. Empower our existing leaders to provide definition and direction. Lord, we boldly pray for increased financial support for the 25 x ’25 vision. We pray for churches and individuals to give generously so that we may remain faithful to the Lord’s multiplication opportunities.
O Lord, we give You ourselves, our churches and our resources to accomplish Your multiplication work. Use us, O Lord, and work Your multiplication power!
Highlights of CPC Multiplication Team Retreat!
The Central Plains Multiplication Team met Jan. 11/12/19 to set direction and priorities to implement
our Classis vision in 2019. The team members are:
- Rev. Tim Vink, Senior Catalyst for Church Multiplication, Grand Rapids, MI
- Rev. Dale Assink, Strategic Leader, Central Plains Classis, Omaha, NE
- Rick Faber, Elder, Westwood Church, Omaha, NE
- Brody VanRoekel, Director, Atlas: Lincoln, NE
- Dawn Assink, Team Member
- Jeff Heerspink, Pastor, F Street Church, Lincoln, NE
- Arv Taylor, Deacon, Crossroads Church, Overland Park, KS
- Rev. Dave Parrish, Pastor, Papio Creek, Papillion, NE
- John Sikkink, Former SOH Coordinator, Polk City, IA
- Gary Kroese, Elder, Pella Church, Adams, NE
- Linda Kroese, Elder, Pella Church, Adams, NE
- Rev. Steve McNary, former Church Planter, San Antonio, TX
CPC Multiplication Team approved our first two new ministries!
We received the Atlas Ministry of Lincoln. Atlas: Lincoln is a mentor-based, prayer-driven ministry that provides personal development services to individuals and families who are hurting for a variety of reasons. You can visit their website at https://www.atlaslincoln.org
We also received the New Revelation Collegiate mission of Krum, Texas. NRCM equips undergraduate students attending college for Christ-centered, biblically based, theologically integrated, culturally competent, leadership in and for the world. You can visit their website at http://newrevelations.us
Would you like to know more about beginning new ministries? Please refer to the Central Plains website: http://centralplainsclassis.org/new-ministry-application/
We further clarified what our 12 new ministries might look like.
- 5 new church plants – self-funding, self-governed RCA local congregations
- 2 satellite churches – second campuses of existing churches
- 5 community need-meeting ministries (refer to “ministry parameters” on our website for further definition)
We affirmed the 25 by ‘25 fundraising campaign!
We are looking to build a fund-raising campaign team to work with Rick Faber and seeking individuals willing to make pledges and donations. To date we have either raised or have pledges totaling $115,000. Please donate at http://centralplainsclassis.org/donate/or on the CPC Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/centralplainsclassis/
Watch our website for financial updates as we faithfully strive to meet our $1.7 million goal!
We are working closely with the denomination to become a “multiplying classis.”
Like Elisha asking for a double portion of the Holy Spirit’s power that he saw in Elijah, the Reformed Church in America is seeking to plant 1,000 new churches in 20 years and double our gospel momentum in North America. “I would look for Central Plains Classis to experience a permanent shift in our definition of success towards reproducing generations of disciples and churches. CPC may plant 15 to 20 of those 1,000 churches in the next 20 years. CPC’s early adopting example will influence many more classes,”says Tim Vink, Senior Church Multiplication Catalyst of the RCA.
New church plant opportunities
Dale Assink updated the team on a number of different potential new church opportunities. In addition, contacts have been made with potential church planters. Our goal is to have the plans firmly set for a church plant in 2019.
Determined the need for “Bright Light” churches!
We affirmed that this 7-year vision is providing a foundation for the future so that Central Plains Classis continues a multiplication movement. We learned that a key component of increasing effectiveness in that movement is churches planting churches. An objective, therefore, in 2019 is to encourage our existing churches to sponsor or mentor a new church plant. More definition and clarity to this will be forthcoming.
We recognize and affirm the need to raise up leaders from among us. Give a man a fish and he’ll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he’ll eat for a lifetime. “In the past, churches have tried to recruit disciples rather than make them,” says Jeff Heerspink, pastor of F Street Church,“Raising up people out of the local church is where the future ministers will come from.”
Some of the empowering leaders opportunities currently available in our Central Plains Classis area are:
Lincoln School of Ministry exists to equip and empower people from all walks of life for ministry. Our heart is that all believers be trained with the Bible knowledge and practical skills that will enable them to more effectively share Christ. LSOF is a joint ministry with F Street Neighborhood Church and Jacob’s Well, but is not limited to individuals from these churches. LSOM exists to equip individuals for ministry.
Immerse is a service trip in Lincoln, Nebraska designed to engage middle school and high school youth groups in a diverse ministry experience. Immerse will raise awareness and challenge students to deepen their relationship with Christ, understand their gifting, and respond to God’s call in their lives. Immerse provides connections to the youth themselves, the youth leaders and adult sponsors, and the interns hired to run the program.
All Saints is a training center, housed at Our Lord’s Community Church, that offers seminary-level training in the areas of theological studies, spiritual formation, and leadership development. The driving vision of All Saints is based on the New Testament conviction that all the saints are to be equipped for ministry in the power of the Holy Spirit (Eph. 4:12). https://www.allsaints.center
Timothy Leadership Training Institute works with international and local ministry partners to provide essential training for pastors, evangelists, and lay leaders, equipping them to advance the kingdom of God and enabling them to build viable and healthy congregations and communities. In the spirit of 2 Timothy 2:2, our primary material is designed to train leaders who then go on to train others. Currently, Dale Assink and two of our Native American members are certified as trainers.
Please be praying for 2019 Direction…
- We continue to seek God and His Direction as 25x’25 moves forward into 2019. May God build movement momentum by providing quality leaders, quality parenting churches and a quantity of each. O God, how do you desire to use our classis, our churches and our people as Central Plains moves forward into the 25x’25 multiplication vision? Fill us with Your wisdom and Your discernment. O God, how do you desire to use me?
- The 25x’25 Vision Team…Thank God for the addition of new 25 x’25 team members…Jeff Heerspink, Brody VanRoekel, Arv Taylor and John Sikkink. O God, we thank you for the members of the Central Plains Multiplication Team and their willingness to serve You.
- Spiritual Protection…Ask God to protect our classis, our churches, our leaders and our people from the Enemy’s attacks. He desires to “snatch, scorch and squeeze” (Matthew 13:18-30) the 25x’25 multiplication vision. O God, we expect the Enemy’s work. Protect us and strengthen us to faithfully obey God’s call to multiply.
- Financial Provision…Ask God for financial provision to fund the Central Plains Classis Multiplication Vision. O God, provide financial support and provide contact people to serve on the financial team. We praise You for the $110,000 committed as of January 2019!
- Two New Community Based Ministries…Celebrate the addition of Atlas ministry (https:// www.atlaslincoln.org) in Lincoln, Nebraska and New Revelations Collegiate Ministry (http:// newrevelations.us) in Denton, Texas to the ministries of Central Plains Classis! O God, empower these ministries to impact the people and communities they serve for Your Glory!
- God’s Multiplication Power…God, you are a God of Multiplication! From Genesis to Revelation, You reveal Your multiplication power. In Luke 9:13-17. Jesus multiplied two fish and five loaves to feed 5000 people with 12 baskets of leftovers. O God, we give you ourselves, we give you our resources and trust You to do Your multiplication work!
The RCA’s aim is to establish 500 stand-alone church plants in Canada and the United States, 200 global church plants, 200 micro churches (led by a volunteer or bi-vocational pastor to reach a specific subgroup of the community), and 100 multi-sites. Churches will be planted in Brazil, Nepal, Kenya, India, Hungary, and other countries where the denomination already has partners. Click here to read more:https://rca.org/news/rca-appoints-jill-ver-steeg-and-randy-weener-new-roles